Insulated Roof Slabs
Insulated roof slabs are highly recommended for use in new and old buildings.
Our high-performance and cost-effective insulated roof slabs deliver a high thermal performance thus assuring our clients the best investment they can make when insulating their building. Most importantly, one can benefit from lower energy bills as the use of electrical heaters and air conditioners are drastically reduced. This makes them environmentally friendly. Slabs are available at a thickness of 68mm or 70mm. They consist of an 8mm or 10mm thick anti-humidity board and 60mm thick, dense polystyrene which make them durable, strong and safe to walk on. Each slab can take up a weight of 90 kilos /m² and can easily hold a person’s weight and walking traffic.
The three options of Installation
- First Option is Insulated Roof Slabs are installed by placing them directly on to existing roofs whether it’s old or new. The process of installing slabs on to existing concrete involves attaching two screws at the end of each slab. After the slabs installation is completed, a carpet membrane is required to complete the sealing stage.
- Second option is during the construction process of the roof, Insulated Roof Slabs can be installed between the first and the second layer of concrete (i.e. under the screed ‘kontrabejt’), one must apply gravel under and on top of the slabs depending on the requirements. When choosing this option there’s no need to proceed with carpet membrane.
- Third option is that of placing Insulated Roof Slabs on thin layer of gravel on first layer of roof concrete. Thus eliminates the application of traditional screed (kontrabejt) top roof layer considering saving money and additional weight on roof tops. After the slabs installation is completed, a carpet membrane is required to complete the sealing stage.
Insulated slabs can also be installed:
- On ground floor level, underneath floor tiles, to insulate floor or protect from humidity.
- As wall cladding, for all kinds of building (for example: facades, side walls, back walls, shafts, wash-rooms, yards, etc.)